It’s done! It had to be put aside for 4 weeks while I awaited the CastOff resin rolled camo nets for it, but they do make a difference – especially that barrel. The base kit is the old Tamiya 1/35 Mk V kit, which isn’t right at all. So I added the CastOff Mk VIII resin upgrade, which adds the Clansman radio box (R/H side of turret), and filled stowage baskets. The same set replaces the engine decking, commander’s cupola, driver’s hatch, exhausts etc.
I don’t like my tanks to be sparkly clean, so I have muddied this up a little. I don’t have a great camera, so the subtleties are lost, but I think you get the idea.
I had to take some liberties with decals, as I couldn’t find any for a confirmed Mk VIII.
Anyway… here is the resin I added – pics from CastOff.
I used this picture, among others, for an idea of how mucky the tank got.
Here is the finished kit. Far from perfect, but it is better than my last armour kit, which is the whole point.