Gun Truck Part 3: All the Photoetch!

Well, not all of it – there’s still loads more to attach.

Despite all the fiddly PE, this kit is coming together surprisingly quickly. Saturday was mainly spent getting the chassis almost finished, and attaching the wheels. The chassis parts were a little warped once assembled. It is possible that was my fault – this is my first time building a vehicle with a ‘ladder’ chassis. It was simple enough to straighten out, and all 10 wheels are sitting square on the cutting mat. Yay!

First coat of OD on, and wheels attached.

First coat of OD on, and wheels attached.

First coat of OD on, and wheels attached.

First coat of OD on, and wheels attached.

I have used tow cable from Karaya in Poland, and I highly recommend it. It looks realistic, don’t you think?

Winch with metal cable looking the part well, I think.

Winch with metal cable looking the part well, I think.

Closer look at the front end and winch from behind.

Closer look at the front end and winch from behind.

Sunday has mostly been spent adding the photoetch. I am using the excellent Eduard set for this kit, and you can see the degree of difference it makes.

All the PE - you can see how much more there is still to attach.

All the PE – you can see how much more there is still to attach.

Part 1: And now for something completely different!
Part 2: Chassis Almost Assembled.

Advertisements

And Then There Were Three.

Having made my first model after a thirty year break, I then made two more in quick succession. The Tamiya Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle in 1/35 scale – rapidly followed by the Academy M113 Armoured Personnel Carrier in the same scale.

I set them on a display stand together. This seemed fitting, as the M113 is a direct ancestor to the Bradley.

In diorama 2

In dirama 1