Chieftain Part 8: Finished!

It’s done! It had to be put aside for 4 weeks while I awaited the CastOff resin rolled camo nets for it, but they do make a difference – especially that barrel. The base kit is the old Tamiya 1/35 Mk V kit, which isn’t right at all. So I added the CastOff Mk VIII resin upgrade, which adds the Clansman radio box (R/H side of turret), and filled stowage baskets. The same set replaces the engine decking, commander’s cupola, driver’s hatch, exhausts etc.

I don’t like my tanks to be sparkly clean, so I have muddied this up a little. I don’t have a great camera, so the subtleties are lost, but I think you get the idea.

I had to take some liberties with decals, as I couldn’t find any for a confirmed Mk VIII.

Anyway… here is the resin I added – pics from CastOff.

I can resist anything except temptation. Apparently.

Camo nets, plus netted barrel.

Lovely resin.

Lovely resin.

I used this picture, among others, for an idea of how mucky the tank got.

A Mk VIII with the driver not looking where he's going!

A Mk VIII with the driver not looking where he’s going!

Here is the finished kit. Far from perfect, but it is better than my last armour kit, which is the whole point.

19. Done - Top 20. Done - Rear 21. Done - Left 22. Done - Left Front 23. Done - Front 24. Done - Front Right 25. Done - RightI’ve thoroughly enjoyed this kit, now it’s back to the AFV Club Centurion.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7

Advertisements

5 thoughts on “Chieftain Part 8: Finished!

Comments are closed.