Now that Nanette is 70% complete, I need to start pulling together what I need for the next model up on the bench. I have almost run out of display space in our small flat, so am going to build the Tamiya 1/35 Mk.5 Chieftain tank next. We move to somewhere bigger this Summer, so I will be able to get stuck into my larger kits then.
The problem with this tank is that it depicts the Mk.5 which, despite its number, is somewhat of a prototype, rather than a vehicle that saw any service. I recently found online the long out of production Mk.8 resin upgrade set by Castoff. Even better, I got it for £14! As you can see from the photograph, this adds a whole new level of detail to the kit, as well as upgrading it to a production machine.
I shall document the build step-by-step here.